The City of Plymouth, also known as Plymouth Metrolink, pledges that you will have access to all services and benefits without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or socioeconomic status. The City of Plymouth will not tolerate discrimination by its employees or entities it contracts with for products and services.
The City of Plymouth prohibits all discriminatory practices that may result in an individual:
- Being denied any service, financial aid or benefit provided under a program to which he or she may be otherwise entitled.
- Being held to different standards or requirements for participation. Experiencing segregation or separate treatment in any part of a program.
- Being subject to distinctions in quality, quantity or manner in which a benefit is provided.
- Experiencing discrimination in any activities conducted in a City of Plymouth facility built in whole or part with Federal funds.
Further, Plymouth will:
- Avoid or reduce harmful human health and environmental effects on minority and low income populations.
- Ensure full and fair participation by all communities, including low income and minority populations in the transportation decision-making process.
These rights are guaranteed to you under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which says in part:
No person in the United State shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. (42 U.S.C. Sec200d)
In addition, Executive Order 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low-Income Populations, 1994 provides:
Each Federal agency shall make achieving environmental justice part of its mission by identifying and addressing, as appropriate, disproportionately high and adverse human health or environmental effects of its programs, policies, and activities on minority populations and low-income populations.
How to File a Complaint
If you believe that you have been discriminated against in relationship to the City of Plymouth because of your race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or socioeconomic status, you may file a written complaint with the City Clerk at the City of Plymouth at:
Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447-1482
P 763-509-5060 | TDD 711 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaint forms are available here and at City Hall.
You may also contact Metropolitan Council Director of Equal Opportunity at 651-602-1000 or email@example.com.